If you want to have a healthy heart, you have to find out how to eat a healthy heart diet. All of the food you eat special effects the health of your heart. Find out which foods are heart smart and try to include them as a regular part of your diet.
Check with your doctor for an eating plan that best suits your dietary needs. If you are a normal health, you can almost certainly follow the Food Pyramid eating plan.
No issue which eating plan you follow, the following guidelines are recommended:
- Total fat intake must be less than 30 percent of total calories daily.
- Saturated fatty acid intake must be less than 10 percent of total calories daily.
- Polyunsaturated fatty acid eating should be no more that 10 percent of total calories daily.
- Monounsaturated fatty acids make up the rest of total fat eating, about 10 to 15 percent of total calories daily.
- Cholesterol intake must be no more than 300 milligrams per day.
- Sodium intake must be no more than 3000 milligrams per day.
- Be careful of chemicals in your food like caffeine, MSG, and other food additives.
Don't forget that you can enjoy the feel of eating right. Healthy heart foods can be delicious! For more details, consult our Heart Smart