HealthNFitnessTips: Hip fractures are common among seniors, and their risk increases with age.
The Risk Factors for Hip Fractures include:
- Being 65 or older.
- Being female.
- Having a slender build, being Asian or white, or having a family history of hip fracture.
- Getting insufficient dietary calcium.
- Having poor balance, arthritis, vision problems or being frail.
- Having dementia or another issue with memory.
- Taking certain medications that lead to side effects including dizziness or weakness.