Healthy tips: Icy snow, wind and frigid temperatures are repeatedly in nature's plans for winter.
The Disease Control and Prevention center suggests these cold weather safety tips:
- Wear layers of lightweight clothing, with a scarf, hat, gloves and boots.
- Help prevent falls by cover icy spots with sand or cat litter.
- Be attention to the wind chill when deciding how to dress.
- Travel with an emergency kit, a buddy and a cell phone.
- Keep your car, keep your gas tank full and stock the vehicle with emergency supplies.