If you have any of these symptoms check your doctor:
- Neck pain, particularly pain at the back of the neck that worsens when you move.
- Pain in the neck that becomes worse about a day after an injury.
- Pain and muscle spasms in the upper area of the shoulder.
- A headache that affects the back of the head.
- A sore throat, feeling tired and irritable, or having trouble sleeping and concentrating.
- Numb sensation in the hand or arm, or a tingling sensation or weak feeling affecting the arms.
- Limited range of motion or stiffness in the neck.