Healthy Tips: Traveling can expose you to New Triggers for Allergies and Asthma, but planning ahead can help you Breathe a bit easier while you're away.
The Asthma & Immunologist offers Travel suggestions:
- Pack your asthma and allergy meds in carry-on bags, and keep them in their original containers.
- Continue to take your medications on schedule as directed by your doctor.
- Prepare for potential problems, such as food allergies.
- Keep contact information for your allergist and an emergency contact handy.
- If possible, find an allergist at your travel destination.